Sunday, April 1, 2007

Ladybug and Flowers Quilt


I have a story for everything don't I. That's what makes it so much fun. I had all this bright colourful fabric, which is really unusual for me because I'm normally a pastel or country kind of gal. Anyway it caught my eye and I bought it, over time, some was given to me. I wondered what to do with it. I was going to make some cushions for Dreams and Traditions with the flowers (our logo had a flower on it) so I had them cut out but then of course it all changed. I looked and looked at them, I hate wasting things so then I thought what about a quilt. The flowers looked pretty boring by themselves so I added some leaves and ladybugs and Viola!! the quilt was born. Not really sure what I'll do with it now, I might save it for my first grandchild!! I'm starting to get more confident with my machine now and Quilt in the Ditch is just so easy, the speed of the machine is so easy to regulate! I might give stippling a go soon.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Crafty Mama said...

I love the brightness of your quilt! So cheerful!